Clinics and Services
At Attleborough Surgeries we run a wide range of different clinics for health screening, chronic disease management and many other patient services.
We offer a range of specialised clinics and services. Please ask reception for further information.
Request an appointment via our Consulting Room.
- Antenatal clinics are held weekly by the midwife at the surgery.
- Postnatal appointments are offered with the practice nurse at the time of the baby’s first injection.
- If your symptoms are deteriorating or you have any concerns, please request an appointment to see the respiratory nurse or a doctor as well.
Baby and Child Immunisations
You will receive a reminder card for your child’s vaccination schedule and will need to request an appointment with the practice nurse.
Ear Syringing / Ear Care
If there is a build-up of wax in your ear(s) please read our self-help guide as you may not need an appointment.
Family Planning and Sexual Health Services
Our specialist family planning nurses and doctors will advise you on the best method of contraception for you. We provide a full range of family planning services including the provision of the pill, condoms and the fitting of the contraceptive implant and a full range of coils.
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review, please use this form.
Cervical smears are routinely recommended every 3 years for women between age 25 and 49. After this every 5 years until 65 years old. You will be sent an invitation to attend from screening services when your smear is due. Even if you do not wish to have a smear, please discuss this important issue with your doctor or nurse.
Flu and Pneumonia
We offer immunisations each autumn to all patients over 65 years old or those, including children, who have conditions such as asthma, diabetes, chest and heart disease.
Free condoms available to anyone aged 13 -24
How do I get C-Card condoms?
- Request an appointment with a C-Card worker.
- During your appointment you will discuss some sexual health issues with a C-Card worker in private.
- You give your date of birth and part of your postcode, (we will never contact you using this information). We will then give you a C-Card and a selection of condoms.
- Whenever you want condoms, visit any C-Card issue point or registration point.
- Show your C-Card and indicate which types of condoms and lube you want, by name, colour or number. You can choose a mixture of 12 items.
- Your C-Card is marked every time you use it.
- Use your card 6 times if 16 or over, 3 times if aged 13 to 15. After this, return to any C-Card registration Point for a chat and to get your card renewed.
- When you visit the C-Card point, be sure to check out if they offer any other sexual health services.
12 condoms/lube of your choice are given out in each C-Card pack, along with information about the C-Card scheme, and instructions on how to use a condom effectively.
Should you need dams or female condoms please ask for them at the C-Card point as they may have them available.
Please visit the C-Card website for more information.
International normalised ratio clinics are run by our healthcare assistants for those patients who are taking warfarin.
Long Term Disease Management Clinic
The LTDM clinic is run by healthcare assistants, practice nurses and doctors, all working together. If you have any of the following conditions, asthma/COPD, diabetes or heart disease, reviews and assessments are available online.
Patients who have conditions which require us to carry out a blood or urine test will have an initial appointment with the healthcare assistant who will take a blood sample and fill in a basic questionnaire with the patient as well as checking height, weight and blood pressure.
A follow up appointment will be made to see the doctor/nurse team once the test results are returned to us. The LTDM clinic team will spend as much time as it takes to review your conditions and make any adjustments necessary to your medication.
There will also be time available for you to get any advice or help needed in managing your condition. If there are any problems, the LTDM team will make any necessary follow-up appointments.
Minor surgical procedures may be carried out by your doctor. Suitable appointments can be arranged.
Phlebotomy Service (Blood Tests)
We provide a phlebotomy service at the surgery. Appointments should be requested with one of our healthcare assistants.
The practice only provides immunisations that are free on the NHS. Malaria prophylaxis is not available from the practice, and patients are advised to book an appointment at a private travel clinic should this be required for your trip. If you need an NHS vaccination, please complete our travel risk assessment form.
The nurses will look at the health questionnaire to see if you need any of the free NHS vaccines available. The surgery will then contact you to arrange an appointment if necessary. Travel injection appointments should be booked 6-8 weeks before your holiday or business trip.
Any vaccines that are not provided on the NHS will need to be obtained from the private travel clinics. In order to obtain advice regarding any other vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis recommended and other precautions needed whilst travelling abroad and not provided by us, we suggest you request an appointment with one of the private travel clinics listed below:
- Globe Travel Clinic, Norwich, 01603 667323
- UEA Travel Clinic, University of East Anglia, Norwich, 01603 251600
- Rouen House Travel Clinic, Norwich, 01603 677500
- Boots/Masta Travel Centre
- Superdrug, St Stephens, Norwich, 01603 762327
Note: You will be charged for services provided by these clinics.
You will need to take a printed copy of your vaccination history to your travel clinic appointment; this will be provided by the surgery when you attend for your appointment with the nurse.
The following vaccinations are available, free of charge, from the NHS and will be provided by us if recommended:
On your return if you do fall ill, don’t forget to tell your doctor that you have recently travelled abroad.